- SOLD OUT. Inmotion V8 & V5F will be rebranded as Solowheel, the V8 will be known as the ‘Glide 3’ at a 50%+ higher price.
- eWheels will be replacing the V8/Glide 3 series with the King Song 16S. This Wheel is technical superior in several key areas, inlude 75% more battery capacity/range, 50% more power & will be $224 less expensive than the V8 too!
Out of stock
Compare the advantages of the latest King Song 16S Electric Unicycle over the Inmotion V8. Under the new pricing, the KS16S gives you nearly twice the capability for the same cost.
Top Ten Questions for the New Inmotion V8:
- If I order today, when will it arrive?
- How easy will it be to swap out for another battery pack?
- Will I be able to buy additional packs when I purchase the Wheel & how much will they cost?
- What is the warranty offered with the Wheel?
- Can the side LED panel be customized or disabled altogether?
- What is the realistic ‘cruising’ speed?
- What is the realistic range from the battery pack?
- Will there be an improved charger that will reduce the time it takes to charge?
- How does it compare to the V5F+?
- How does it compare to the King Song 16″?
1) If I order today, when will it arrive?
eWheels are the Exclusive US Distributor for the Inmotion range of Wheels & the first to offer the V8 outside of Customers. These are shipped from our California Distribution center, depending the distance from there, it could take between 1-5 days to reach you.
2) How easy will it be to swap out with another battery pack?
It’s about a 2-3 minute job to swap out a battery pack with another one.
3) Will I be able to buy additional packs when I purchase the Wheel & how much will they cost?
Yes, the cost of a backup 460Wh pack is $350 range.
4) What is the warranty offered with the Wheel?
eWheels provides a full one-year warranty that also includes the battery pack. We will also supply a large array of spare parts to deal with any possible eventuality that could result over the life of your Wheel.
5) Can the side LED panel be customized or disabled altogether?
Yes, the App let’s the Rider choose a nearly infinite number of ‘mood’ lighting effects and can also be disabled. The lighting s
6) What is the realistic ‘cruising’ speed?
The cruising speed is what you can comfortably maintain over long distances without extreme pedal tilt-back or audible alerts. The V8 can maintain about 17-18mph over the length of your journey.
7) What is the realistic range from the battery pack?
The range depends on a number of factors like the weight of the rider, tire pressure, the terrain (hills take up a lot of energy), speed & wind conditions. In our testing, a 160lbs rider can achieve about 25 miles on flat terrain, on a calm day, with the tire inflated to 45psi.
8) Will there be an improved charger that will reduce the time it takes to charge?
Yes, this will be released as a separate accessory in the beginning of October.
9) How does it compare to the V5F+?
The two share a number of common features, like the similar design & identical battery pack specifications:
Advantages for the V5F+ include:
- About 5lbs lighter
- The cost is $250 less than the V8
- Similar range
- Slightly more nimble with the 14″ tire
- More compact, occupies less space
The V8 is the ‘big-brother’ to the V5F+ possesses a number of exciting new capabilities:
- Designed with high-performance in mind: the 800W motor is superior in acceleration/braking & hill climbing conditions
- The control-board provides a lot more power, less risk of overheating while performing Wheeling acrobatics/stunts
- A higher top speed of 18.6mph vs. 15.5mph
- No carrying required, luggage handle incorporated right into the body
- Impressive array of lighting effects, with three concentric LED rings on each side that can be programmed by the Owner
- Accessing the battery pack is a lot easier on the V8
10) How does it compare to the King Song 16″ or Gotway ACMS+?
The KS/GW have the edge in battery capacity (840/1300Wh vs 480Wh) and the 5A fast-charging. In most other respects, but for weight, dimension, practicality, the Inmotion has the advantage.
With the Optional 2.5A Fast Charger, you can reduce the time that it takes to charge you V5F from nearly four hours to just under two.