- In Stock, Shipping Now
- New: Integrated dash display, bluetooth Stereo speaker box, improved rear tail-light
- 50% more battery capacity from V2, 1,020Wh to 1,500Wh upgrade
- Shipped with our exclusive LiTech battery packs with Korean imported Samsung 50E cells
Begode Tesla V3 1,500Wh Battery/2000W Motor
What’s New in the Gotway Tesla V3:
The Tesla V3 is somewhat of an outlier among its class: dimensionally it has a similar volume to the V10F, or King Song 16S, but packaged with a pair of battery packs twice as large as the 16S & 50% greater than the V10F. While the max potential cruising speed is 6MPH higher than the V10F & 9MPH more of the 16S. In short, the Begode Tesla V3 is the equivalent of a compact sports car among 16″ Wheels.
- More Battery Range/Power: on the V3, the battery pack was changed from using the 18650 to 21700 type cells, with 2x 750Wh (20s2p) per side, for a total of 1,500Wh. These eWheels Teslas are using the higher quality imported Korean Samsung 50E cells & upgraded BMS designed for higher safety in mind.
- New Hollow Motor: this updated motor is designed to offer higher peformance, in not being restricted with the gauge of phase wire to fit through the axle to the stator, & better protected bearings for lower overall maintainance;
- Bluetooth Speaker: stream your favourite tunes on the go
- Integrated Dashboard: at a glance displays the current speed, odometer, controller temperature & ride mode;
All New Battery Packs
Our Begoe Wheels are fitted with an all new battery architecture in an attempt to improve battery safety, reliability & longevity of the most expensive component found in a Wheel. These are produced exclusively for us by LiTech Power, according to a stringent set of requirements to provide the safest battery packs found today in an Electric Unicycle.
About LiTech Power:
– Founded in 2002, 18 years of operation
– Over 350 employees, with R&D offices in the China & Germany
– Production of over 540,000 >1kWh packs each year
Here is an overview summary of the new improvements & capabilities found in these battery packs:
- Imported Korean Samsung 50E cells—the Begode packs use the LG M50LT, which are comparable, but made in China…
- Short detection/protection, transient threshold at 300-450A
- Back up inline 30A physical fuses
- Each pack fitted with 5x temperature probes & buzzers to alert at a 65°C level & shut-off when the temps exceed 75°C
- Voltage differential management for packs of unequal voltage, no balance lead required
- Improved cell-holders for better survivability in the event of crash
- Upgraded pure nickel strips that are both thicker & wider to withstand higher currents with less resistance—Begode had used ‘inferior plated’ strips on at some of their packs
- Automated weld production methods for consistent quality
- Capacity & stress-testing processe done at the pack level after assembly
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can a 16×2.5″ tire be fitted without modification to the shell?
The 2.5″ wide tires are too wide without removing some material. However, there a number of Customers have had success using the TIR-103183 16×2.4″ tire.
- What was reasoning behind switching from the tried-and-tested axle motor to the hollow bore type?
There has been a general shift to this type of motor among the motor manufacturers. With the promised benefits of motor durability, not being constrained by the diameter of the axle for the gauge of wiring used, and reduced maintainance in periodically tightening up the pedal bracket to axle lug nuts, changing out the shims.
- What is the recommended maximum rate of charge on the T3?
In this pack configuration, an input current source of 5A @ 84V, is only 1.25A per cell, which is only half of that of the cell’s ‘normal’ chage input current. The limiting factor of the charging rate on this Wheel is the wiring, rather than battery packs.
- Are you planning on offering a ‘high-powered’ version of the T3 with the P42a Molicel packs?
Yes, we’ll be offering this an upgrade option later for $200 more.
- Can the Display/Dash be changed from metric (KPH) to imperial?
Not at this time, it’s fixed to metric output.
- Are the 13.1″ Begode CNC/Die-cast Pedals compatible with the T3?
Yes, all the Begode Wheels now use the same type of pedal brackets. Note, that adding a 13.1″ pedal will certainly have an effect on the turning radius of Wheel.
- Are the Tesla V2 & V3 parts interchangeable?
For the most part, no, the Tesla V3 uses a different shell motor, pedal brackets, battery pack dimensions. Those with a T2, wishing to upgrade to a T2, would be better off selling their Wheel, since the component upgrade costs would be comparable cost to a T3.
- What is the water-resistance like on the Tesla V3?
Similar to most other Begode machines, alright, but not brilliant… While the historical failure rates from water damage, using in the rain is low, try to avoid frequent use in medium/heavy rain.
Standard Shipping Transit Times by Fedex Ground
|Dimensions||25 × 12 × 23 in|
|Battery Capacity (Wh)||
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.